WORK WITH REDGUM!
We are currently seeking cleaners with cars to join our eco-friendly cleaning business.
Applications for this round will close at 11:59pm Monday the 8th of August 2022.
To apply, please read the below carefully and follow the steps at the bottom of the page.
- Work type: Casual with potential to translate into part-time in the future
- Classification: Cleaning Services
- Hourly rate: $29.37 (day) $32.89 (night)
- Sector: Worker-owned (distributing) cooperative
- Location: Our office is located in Thornbury (Note – Cleaning work is conducted across various locations in Metropolitan Melbourne, primarily Inner North/Northern Suburbs)
ABOUT REDGUM CLEANING COOPERATIVE
Redgum Cleaning Cooperative is committed to providing high-quality eco-friendly home and office cleaning services. We aim to create secure jobs through the promotion of democratic decision making, education, and living wages for cleaners.
Our business is a worker-owned and run co-operative. We work for each other – not a boss. We expect people to apply for membership once their six-month training and induction period is over, and share the responsibility of running the co-operative.
Each member has equal voting rights and decisions are made democratically. We believe that if we are to take care of our environment and community, we need a proper say in the economy. Bringing democracy into the workplace is a good start.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is more than just about cleaning. We’re looking for someone who is excited to be part of a growing worker-owned business. This role is unique in that it is a pathway to becoming a shareholder and co-owner of the business.
We have a six-month paid induction period where you will be trained in our green cleaning methods, as well as introduced to the operations and decision-making processes of the cooperative. After a successful induction period, you will be expected to purchase shares in the business to become a full member with voting rights and the opportunity to shape the policies and direction of your workplace.
We usually clean in teams of two. You will be paid for travel time between jobs, as well as a car subsidy if applicable.
NOTE: There may only be one day of work a week available in the beginning, but it is expected that workload will continue to increase and so too will shifts.
- Cleaning homes and offices using green cleaning methods
- Attending fortnightly team meetings
- Maintaining gear
- Driving between jobs
- Learning about the co-operative principles and how to work collaboratively with others
We are seeking someone who is resilient, flexible and has the capacity to work collaboratively as a part of a committed and passionate team. Previous cleaning or manual labour experience is desirable but not essential. We are primarily looking for someone who shares the values and goals of our cooperative and who is interested to learn more about the cooperative model.
Key Selection Criteria
- *Essential* Car and driver’s license
- Available for a minimum of three shifts per week (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Experience with sustained physical labour
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team
- Understanding and/or willingness to commit to collective decision making, and active participation in the cooperative model
- Willingness to comply with the Coop’s Covid 19 safety rules
- Willingness to attend fortnightly work meetings
Redgum members recognise that our cooperative operates on land that was stolen from and still belongs to the First Nations people, the Kulin nation of Wurundjeri, Wathaurong, Tuangurung, Jarra, and Boon Wurrung peoples. Redgum members are committed to the cause of Treaty and pledge to take practical steps towards decolonisation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
We realise this is not your usual job application and that you may have some more questions about the role. If so, please get in touch we’ll be happy to chat to you more.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Fill in the form below ‘Job Application – Cleaner’ form below
2. Email us your resume, clearly labelled with your name and the words ‘Job Application – Cleaner’
3. Finalise your application by 11:59pm Monday the 8th of August.